Professors and teachers often assign written work to students, so that they can evaluate the understanding of their pupils regarding the concepts taught to them in classrooms. An assignment for that matter is thus a tool which clearly shows how well the students comprehend the given situation and what aptitude they have to resolve a given problem using the knowledge and information that has been assimilated during their learning sessions. However, when it comes to written work, there are various factors which are at play that one should consider. These different aspects could help you highlight the positive traits of your written document and therefore put you in a better position to score improved grades and results. Here is how you can transform your written work into something of a masterpiece:
Sequential & Systematic Writing
Papers that are identified through their purpose and aim which is often parallel to your learning objectives for the task, not only require you to fulfill the given requirements by your course instructors and mentors but also require you to make your work easy to understand for whoever reads your document. The essence of it all lies in making your papers and their composition follow a systematic approach which offers a clear and solid starting point that serves as a foundation of your written work and then following a sequence and arrangement that leads towards a specific end. So how does one make this happen? The answer lies in a comprehensive plan and strategy which is developed before the actual writing process takes place. You can also plan and strategize your work using the following steps:
- Identify and familiarize yourself with the given or selected topic.
- Define for yourself the correct route you must take in order to gratify the requirements of your written task.
- Ponder over the questions that have been asked and then develop a method of how to answer each one of them.
- Brainstorm for ideas that you would like to include within your document. Select only the relevant ones and discard those that are vague and not directly concerned with the nature of your work.
- All of your selected ideas must now be arranged in a sequence and you should not disturb this arrangement at any cost when you initiate the writing phase for your work.
- Once all the elements and variables related to your written task have been sorted out, you would have a comprehensive plan to follow, and this will result in a written paper that is systematic and follows a sequence throughout its entirety.
Natural Flow & Readability
Writing forms that are presumably lengthy and affluently composed often intimidate the readers, due to the sheer verbosity they have to go through and this is not something which makes them attracted to it. Hence you need to deliver work that is more reader-friendly and crafted in such a manner that it has a natural flow to it. This will encourage your targeted audience to go through the complete length of your written work without halting or being hesitant about finishing your work in one go. They will start reading your work and then reach the ending without any unnecessary interruptions in between. Take our advice and make your work less intimidating with the following steps:
- Always favor writing your work in active voice as it is much more direct in its meaning and much easier to understand.
- Instead of using difficult terminologies in your written paper, try to use simple and easy to understand vocabulary, along with the removal of any jargons or cliché present in your document.
- Deliver your message using a simple sentence structure rather than using complex or complicated ones.
- Make your sentences shorter so that each one of them is no longer than 20 words at maximum.
- Make your paragraphs shorter as well so that each one of them is no longer than 250 words at maximum.
- Dedicate your paragraphs to a singular idea or main point each. The key point should be mentioned with the help of the topic sentence of the paragraph and the rest of it should be composed of supporting sentences that further explain what the topic sentence talks about.
- Connect your ideas, sentences, and paragraphs with the help of adjoining words and transition words.
- Consider using headlines and bullet points in your document as it breaks the monotony of lengthy written work. This is also known as effectively using the white space of your document to make it look less tedious and tiring for the reader.
- See to it that your written document follows your initial plan and strategy as well as not breaking away from the sequence or arrangement which you developed before initiating the writing process.
If you require help with this aspect of your written work then you should consider asking professionals to do my assignment cheap UK, and they will assist you to create an ideal paper for you at affordable charges.
Probably the first thing which your professors and teachers notice about your written work is how neatly and cleanly it has been organized as well as its overall look and presentation. Many educational institutes often have their own criterion and format of written work which every student must comply with since non-conformity to these principles and regulations might result in the student being disqualified from their task entirely. If you are aware of such formalities then it becomes your rightful duty to follow these instructions and guidelines at all cost while considering them as an obligation.
However if by any chance you are not aware of such directions then here are some general tips to make your work more presentable:
- Select a suitable font size and style to write your documents that is easy to comprehend and read.
- Create a cover/title page for your document that enlists the following information:
- The name of your institution
- The topic of your work
- The date of submission
- Author’s name
- Insert page numbers as well as headers and footers at appropriate positions on each page of your document.
- Add a table of contents that is updated and accurate.
- Make sure that your text alignments and paragraph indentations are identical throughout the paper.
- Line spacing between sentences, headlines, and paragraphs should also be consistent.
- Use an approved referencing system and footnotes format.
- Create a separate bibliography section at the end of your document which enlists all of your references and citations used within the document.
- If you use any non-written or visual elements in your text, create an appendix for them and use captions to label them each.
Proofreading & Editing
Blunders, mistakes, slipups, typographical errors are a common nuisance for any writer no matter how much skilled and accomplished they are. No masterpiece created by any famous author was an instantaneous hit amongst the masses. It took several tries to refine and revise the written text to create it into a work of art. Hence whether you write your initial draft or final draft it doesn’t matter, you should always have the habit of proofreading and editing your work several times, thrice to be completely sure that it is flawless and perfect for submission at the academia. This will help identify grammatical faults, spelling inaccuracies, and improper sentence structures along with missing punctuation marks within your paper. Once you have removed all such flaws from your paper, your heart will be content and this will bring you much-needed assurance for your written work as well as giving you a feeling of satisfaction.
Furthermore, if you seek to be completely sure that your teachers view your work as per the required standards then consider the following don’ts:
- Never submit your work after due dates or deadlines. This is viewed with a negative connotation by all teachers and professors across the globe and no excuses are justifiable. Hence always make sure that you make your submissions on time and follow the predefined schedule no matter what for your task.
- Plagiarism and copy-pasted work are abhorred internationally, and any reputable institute could take severe actions against those students whose written work is found to be plagiarized. Hence always focus on delivering 100% original and unique work to your academia. In the case where you are not sure about it, then use a credible software that helps you detect plagiarism before you submit your work. Make sure that your work is clean and up to the required standards beforehand.
- Refrain from representing false information within your text. All of your factual information, scientific evidence, and collected data should be accurate, relevant, authentic, and taken from sources that have substantial integrity and trustworthiness.
As a student of higher education, you must know that the margin for error regarding your written task is extremely low and that the scrutiny for your written work by your teachers and professors is quite tough. Hence in order to impress them, you should never take a chance with your written work and always try your level best to exceed their expectations and anticipations from you. In time once you devote your daily hours and efforts to writing immaculate pieces of paper, you yourself can become a maestro at it.